Proven. Reliable. Leader.
Sandy Layman’s record of leadership on behalf of northern Minnesota residents runs deep. Throughout her career and community life, Sandy has been a leader on behalf of families, small business owners, health care providers, educators, resort owners, miners, and loggers as well as community and cultural organizations.
You’ve seen Sandy’s work in the positions she has held over a 30-year career dedicated to keeping northern Minnesota strong and economically vibrant:
- Owner, Layman Consulting, 2011 to present
- Adjunct Faculty, College of St. Scholastica, 2011-2016
- Commissioner, Iron Range Resources, 2003-2011
- President, Itasca Development Corporation, 1997-2003
- President, Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce, 1987-1997
Now she wants to put that experience to work for you at the Capitol. You can trust Sandy Layman to provide our communities with the principled, common-sense, hardworking leadership our state needs.
Sandy’s Vision for Northern Minnesota
- Economic prosperity through sustainable diversification of our regional economy
- Smarter, effective government that serves to enhance, not hinder, individual initiative
- Strong schools, quality health care, good roads and infrastructure
In pursuit of this vision, Sandy will proudly defend rural communities, their economies and quality of life.
Stand Up for Northern Minnesota
Common sense government that balances environmental protection with sustainable job growth while preserving our values and traditions against Twin Cities special interests.
Support Local Education and Affordable College
Sandy will fight for fair funding for our schools, to hold the line on tuition increases at state colleges, for tax relief for families saving for college and for students paying back college loans.
Lower Health Care Costs
Sandy will fight to stop pouring money into the failed MNsure website and will instead work to reduce health care costs for hardworking Minnesota families.
Instead of spending the surplus on wasteful new government programs, Sandy will use the surplus to invest in our families through tax relief for middle class families, students, veterans, and seniors.
- Married to Bill, two sons and one grandson
- Layman Consulting, President and Owner
- Adjunct Faculty Member, College of St. Scholastica
- BA degree in Organizational Management & Communications, Concordia University
- MBA in Executive Management, University of St. Thomas
- Iron Range Resources, Former Commissioner
- Itasca Development Corporation, Past President
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Itasca Technology Exchange, Founding President
- Blandin Foundation, Past Board Member
- Itasca Community Television Board Member
- Rural Minnesota Journal Editorial Committee
- Entrepreneur Fund Board Member
Have a question or comment? Want to know how you can help? Contact us today or fill out the form! We’ll get back to you promptly.
Layman Volunteer Committee
P.O. Box 403
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Connect with Sandy: